Last year, the blogger behind Society Stylist, Valerie Elizabeth embarked upon her own little experiment, wearing one dress, for one month, 31 different ways.Â This year, upon anniversary of the â€œLittle Black Dress experiment,â€ Valerie enlisted 31 bloggers, across the US to join her with this challenge.Â Explaining why she opened her experiment up to 31 bloggers, Valerie shares:
Throughout the â€œexperimentâ€ I often was asked if anyone could do what I was doing and people mentioned theyâ€™d love to see how other fashionistas would style their LBD. So this year, in honor of the one year anniversary of â€œThe Little Black Dress Experimentâ€ we have reached out to 31 bloggers and style icons across the nation to see how they would style their Little Black Dress. We hope you will join us throughout the month of August as Society Stylistâ€™s â€œLittle Black Dress Experimentâ€ Tours America and stops in major cities and small towns all across this amazing country to see how these 31 fashionable women will style their Little Black Dress!
Why am I sharing this with you?
The Curvy Fashionista is one of the 31 bloggers!
Starting August 1, 2010, the 31 bloggers face this challenge:
Each blogger will be given an Ann Taylor Little Black Dress and will be asked to show us how she would style her LBD for Fall. Â As summer comes to an end we are all searching, for new looks to wear for the Fall. During this monthâ€™s â€œtourâ€ you will have the opportunity to check out 31 looks from stylish bloggers across America and use these great looks as inspiration for the looks youâ€™ll create this Fall with your own LBD!
Dressing my curves in an Ann Taylor dress (they go up to an 18!) and paired with accessories from our box of goodies, I am to rock my dress and accessorize it The Curvy Fashionista way!
My box of goodies to style my dress include:
- Saddleback Leather satchel ( I am already in love!)
- Heelyâ€™s shoes
- Donni Charm Scarf
- Spanx (purple ones! I am geeked!)
- Hard Night Good Morning moisturizer
- A MICHELE Watch
How will I fashion my look? You will have to wait, as my looks will be shown on the Society Stylist page on August 9th!
Wanna win my swag??
YOU TOO can participate in the challenge! Hereâ€™s how!
- Send in a photograph of yourself with the downloadable â€œLittle Black Dress Experimentâ€ Tours America Logo Sign in your town, in your own styled little black dress
- Post it on Society Stylist with your own styling tips!
- On September 1 at 12 Noon, Society Stylist will choose a winner by random drawing from all follower posts.
- The winner will receive an exciting prize package from the tour sponsors: Ann Taylor, Saddleback Leather, Heelyâ€™s, Donni Charm, Spanx, Hard Night Good Morning, and MICHELE Watches.
I am so excited to be a part of this experiment! To learn more about the â€œLittle Black Dress Experimentâ€ and the 31 bloggers who are participating, click on the respective links!