Fashionâ€™s Bold Step Forward
Edited by Ashe/Mischief Dramatis Personae
To be honest, Iâ€™ve been really excited about the content on the web latelyâ€¦. because each week, it seems that fashion & style bloggers are making a bold step forward. In a niche that was once dominated by runway photographs and personal style posts, weâ€™re evolving to include daring, thoughtful, provocative posts as well. I am continually shocked and amazed by the range of postsâ€¦ from wearaboutâ€™s post on androgynous Indian men and Style Amorâ€™s post on Arab women in fashion to posts about fashion blogging as a career at Style Eyes fashion blog.
Links Ã la Mode : May 20th
- Awakened Aesthetic â€“ Giveaway! Enter to win a hand-embellished floral top by independent designer Eliza + Axel and take the floral trend in a different direction.
- CMYKaboom!: â€“ New York Fashion Week Coverage: IFB â€œEvolving Influenceâ€ Conference
- fete a fete: â€“ Clarins Instant Sun Light summer makeup
- Guacamole & Toast: â€“ What makes a good fashion blog? How can we avoid turning into one of the minority of superficial fashion bloggers that everyone stereotypes us to be?
- hello beauty!: â€“ we have a new makeup lesson video with Guerlainâ€™s top makeup artist and a review of the Guerlain Summer 2010 Collection.
- Holier Than Now: â€“ How to fall in love with last yearâ€™s summer essential, all over again.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers â€“ Skills Bloggers Can Use to Get Hired
- Jewelry Whore: â€“ Designer You Should Know: Elsa Schiaparelli
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS: â€“ An exclusive interview with Amanda deLeon, a fabulous avant garde designer from North Carolina, and personal favorite of Kat Von D!
- M.I.S.S.: â€“ TV: Follow the Leader: A New Style Series Promo! | M.I.S.S.
- Pretty Shiny Sparkly: â€“ Exploring the trend of resin-coated black denim, with a best of the best roundup!
- Shoe-a-Day: â€“ How to Shop for Shoes when youâ€™re living ohsofaraway from civilization.
- Style Amor: â€“ Celebrating the Beauty of Arab Women & Our Diverse Culture
- Style Eyes Fashion Blog: â€“ A career as a fashion blogger â€“ have you considered a career as a fashion blogger? Here are my experiences.
- Stylish Thought: â€“ The Dressing Dilemma: Who do women really dress for?
- The Coveted â€“ Anica boutique is the place to experiment with avant garde
- The Curvy Fashionista: â€“ Curves in the USA? A Questionâ€¦ The Elite of fashion magazines across the pond are fashioning the most fabulous spreads of full figured fashionista, bloggers, and models, will the US follow suit?
- The Recessionista: â€“ Jeans: Weâ€™re Spending More and Shopping Longer Does anyone recall the moment when jeans became a luxury item?
- The Thrifty Poet: â€“ â€œWhy Should I Be Ashamed of My Shapeâ€ â€” why I think classifying women into only 4 different body shapes (two of them fruit) isnâ€™t right
- wearabout: â€“ The luxury of not caring â€“ a look inside an androgynous indian maleâ€™s wardrobe.
- What 2 Wear Where: â€“ After the fab opportunity to preview the Metâ€™s exhibit â€œAmerican Woman: Fashioning a National Identityâ€, we looked at each of the perfectly portrayed eras and paired them with contemporary looks.