Food for Thought
Edited by Ashe Mischief
This is my first time editing since I wrote Good Cop/Bad Cop: Participating in Links a la Mode. Thank you all so much for making this my most pleasurable experience in editing yet!
Iâ€™m not sure if itâ€™s because American Thanksgiving is a week away, or because the blogosphere is ablaze with Kate Mossesâ€™ unforgettable quote, â€œNothing tastes as good as skinny feels,â€ but either way, Iâ€™ve got food on my mind. This week, you brought me the best kind of foodâ€“rich, decadent, and 100% calorie-free! Thatâ€™s rightâ€“you delivered highly thoughtful posts on fashion, fashion blogging & communities, and more.
On a personal note, ferOHHHsh has asked that we share her post about her close friendâ€™s near-fatal accident. I believe that the fashion community is one of surprising strength, dignity, caring and compassion, and that it was worth sharing. Weâ€™re sending your friend speedy thoughts for a wonderful recovery!
Links Ã la Mode : November 19th
- Awakened Aesthetic: â€“ Eco-Friendly Stocking Stuffers (Part I)
- Crisis in Denim: â€“ Crisis in Denim: I make gentle fun of a Banana Republic â€˜rewardsâ€™ card I received in the mail, that seems designed to make me think I accomplished something by shopping at BR and earning â€˜rewardsâ€™ points, by riffing on the presidentâ€™s Yes We Can slogan.
- dramatis personae: â€“ the Hatâ€™s Out of the Bag! by Michelle at Wicked Whimsy
- Fashion X K8: â€“ The importance of Fashion Ad Campaigns and analyzing the collective subconcious of fashion consumers. I beg the question, what makes a great Fashion Ad.
- Further Ado: â€“ With many of their paper equivalents going bust, Further Ado finds 5 great online fashion magazines to keep you satisfied.
- Grit and Glamour: â€“ yesterday The Psychology of Lace Lace, in spite of its implied fragility, holds very special power in the sartorial world.
- Idiosyncratic Style â€“ Infatuation List: Five Fall Fashion Favorites
- Independent Fashion Bloggers â€“ Fashion Blogging : The Road Ahead
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS: â€“ Interview with Lauren Jones of mydearthing
- Mystery Creature: â€“ I love vintage, I love handmadeâ€¦ but I donâ€™t love Etsy, as much as I want to.
- Oranges and Apples: â€“ What drives fashion bloggers? Oranges and Apples in the Scotsman
- Random Fashion Coolness: â€“ Musings on the power-partnerships in the Blogosphere
- Shoe Daydreams: â€“ Collaborations and â€œinspirationâ€
- slsvgg fashion: â€“ An interview with Gossip Girl actress LEIGHTON MEESTER, on her style
- Somewhere over the Skylineâ€¦: â€“ rugality? Sustainability? The Recession! â€“ Thoughts & Recommendations on Sustainable/Vintage Lifestyles
- Super Kawaii Mama: â€“ Meet the Dr. of Dames and her new book Our Girlâ€™s â€“ Aussie Pin Upâ€™s of the 40â€™s & 50â€™s
- THE COVETED: â€“ Benefits of Chilly Daysâ€¦ Coats!
- The Curvy Fashionista â€“ Got the Plus Size Bridal Dress woes? Enter in Cc.Elaine- A studio dedicated to the Curvy.Confident.Chic. Plus Size Bride
- The New Wave: â€“ Underwear as Outerwear: How to wear this springâ€™s runway trend using vintage pieces.
- The Pixelated Blonde â€“ Fashion: itâ€™s an individual thing â€“ a look at how to be stylish whilst maintaining oneâ€™s individuality.
- White Rabbit: â€“ Lookbook.nu vs. Flickrâ€™s Wardrobe Remix â€“ the battle of â€œWhat I wore todayâ€ sites
- Wicked Whimsy: â€“ Rene Geneva Designs â€“ featuring a local, woman run eco-friendly design house that makes gorgeous clothes to boot!