Edited by Retro Chick
Hello and welcome to Links Ã la Mode!
This week I’ve noticed a few posts on the theme of body size issues, with 39th & Broadway asking whether the Fashion Industry is to blame for our skinny bitch obsession, The Curvy Fashionista interviewing the brains behind Full Figure Fashion Week and Dramatis Personae introducing us to plus size fashion line B & Lu.
Also in this week’s selection you’ll find some great DIY ideas, a Competition from The Coveted, tips on keeping to your shopping budget from Work Chic and vintage shopping hints from The Style PA and Culturistas.
There’s the full version of Links Ã la Mode here in the forums there’s a lot of great posts there too.
Links Ã la Mode : April 30th
- 39th & Broadway – Is the fashion industry responsible for our weight issues?
- The Curvy Fashionista – The brains behind Full Figure Fashion Week- Gwen DeVoe dares to bring Plus Size Fashion to the forefront
- A Typical Atypical – When to ignore the fashion houses – the ridiculous, the impractical and the downright foolish!
- Broke & Beautiful – Earth Week! The best of plastic bags are highlighted.
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog – Take flight with some fanciful feathered jewelry
- Culturistas – The Culturistas take a trip to the Vintage Expo and give tips on how to shop for vintage
- Debutante Clothing – A private, curator led tour of the Valentina exhibit in NYC
- Dirty Laundry – Who needs Marc Jacobs when you have DIY?
- Dramatis Personae – B&Lu Presents Fun Plus-Sized Fashion
- Fashion in my eyes – Interview with Sarah Korsiak Cellier, owner of a vintage shop with designer pieces
- FashionMind – Dressing up classy but very bright and not boring.
- Fasshonaburu – A public request for online stores to provide more and better pictures of their merchandise!
- Gladys L – Construction boots or Lotus shoes? The astonishing Chinese quest for female beauty incorporating small feet!
- In Pursuit of Fashion – Bleach for beginners: How to DIY the latest trend, bleached jeans.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – 6 Do’s and Don’ts for Networking Online
- Retro Chick – Ethical Design Spotlight – Heart’s Desire Jewellery (+ 20% Discount!)
- Style Symmetry – My Storage System for Belts.
- StyleCovered – How fusing trends and culture can create something unique and chic! Who said covering up had to be boring?
- The Art of Accessories – The Art of Accessories show you how to make your own tinted moisturizer, how thrifty?
- THE COVETED – The Coveted: Two chances to win Pequito Bun Vintage Jewelry!
- The Style PA – Where to go in Leeds for Vintage fashion and beauty treats.
- Work Chic – Blowing your shopping budget? It may be your shopping habits!